Friday, November 4, 2011

Today...

Today started out like this...


It's definitely feeling more like fall out there.  Today was windy and cool...but with lots of sunshine by the afternoon. 

...perfect for drying corn fodder...we're just now beginning...last year at this time we were finished!

...perfect temps for milking...in jeans, a t-shirt and a quilted flannel...

...perfect for weed-eating without breaking a sweat...

...perfect for the dogs...chasing each other through the fields...

...perfect for a cup of hot, spiced apple cider...

How did you spend your fall day?






8 comments:

  1. I'm so envious that you are a work when you get up first thing in the morning. I long to spend my work days at home instead of at the office. I'm looking forward to getting lots done this weekend though. I love your sunrise shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo. I spent my fall day taking in all that nature has to offer here under the sun at Our Country Cove. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were preparing for a cold front that is expected this evening. Not really all that cold to you guys up north but enough to make me wonder about the prospects of selling bread tomorrow at the Farmer's Market! ;-)
    Your sunrise photo looks like something from Acapulco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall? Heck that was last month. It is snowing now. Glad someone is getting to enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so happy you had a great fall day. It looks and sounds wonderful. Today I spent the day probably places I really wish I had not had to be. Take care. :)B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pics! I've noticed a few amazing sun rises over the last week or so-too pretty:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading this on Saturday and we enjoyed some time at a friend's farm ... she has 2 Shire horses, 3 goats, chickens, baby bunnies for my son to pet and a huge sandbox my son loved. Beautiful sunny fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its been pretty perfect here too : ) I'm glad for me and for you!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!