Tuesday, July 3, 2018

First Heat Wave of 2018...

I'm done.  I've had enough.  I think I'm ready for fall now!

This was the temperature at 5 pm, in the shade...60 % humidity...


 Call me a wimp, I don't care, but my energy level (and my attitude) goes way down when it's like this for more than a day or two. 

The barn actually felt better than I expected tonight.  With all the big fans running, it stayed pretty steady around 78 degrees during milking.  The cows are really feeling it though...milk production has dropped a bit...which is to be expected in weather like this...and a few of them needed to be cooled off with the hose this afternoon...


Today was a milk truck day, so the tank was empty when we started milking tonight.  I like to guess what the interior temperature of the tank will be when we first turn on the compressor.  I'm rarely correct, and tonight was no exception.  I guessed 94...


This is one way the dogs keep cool...


I also tried to guess what the temperature inside the house would be when we came in for supper. Oh how nice it would be to have central air, but I'm thankful for the window unit in our bedroom so that we can sleep well!


On the bright side...I had to borrow my parents' car today to go to an eye doctor appointment.  My Mom rode along, and we went to the dairy store where Jenna works for some delicious ice cream cones...


And another bright side is the breeze coming in the window beside the desk...and the shower that awaits me! 

Stay cool wherever you are!

4 comments:

  1. I feel for you. It's been a hot summer here too. I don't think I would survive without my air conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of you and your mother is wonderful! I love it. I hope it cools off. Right now I am sitting on the porch wrapped in a sweater, as the evening is chilly. I wish you were both sitting here with me. It amazes me what a big diverse country we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to be more thankful for central air-conditioning. I can't imagine being without it, but maybe we stay hotter for longer periods of time here in south central Kansas.

    I, too, love the photo of you and your mom. Looks yummy on a hot day! Happy 4th to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like wonderful ice cream. I hope it cools off. I haven't been running our air conditioner when I am here alone. Our house stays around 83. I just go outside. For the first time in years, I think my temp finally adjusted. I think that picture of you and your Mom is cute. This has really been a nice summer here. We will be in triple digits for a week or so, but after last year when it was 67 days in a row. I am not complaining. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!