It's been a busy week here, and it's time to wrap it up!
1. I'll begin with my "Starts with O" photo...
Our Orange 1958 Allis Chalmers D-17. No green tractors here!
2. My "week's favorite" is my fern leaf peony, pushing buds and almost ready to bloom...
I hope the snow and cold weather that's coming this weekend don't hurt it! It's one of the earliest bloomers I have, and it's pretty hardy. We'll see.
3. "Spring"... We've had roller coaster weather the past few weeks, and this is where I've had to keep my pansies at night...all lined up on the porch...
A little frost won't hurt them, but we've had strong winds and really cold night time temps, so a little extra protection is necessary. I'm hoping they can all go back to their usually spots next week!
4. I'm feeling really, really old and tired! Last spring, summer and fall, I didn't do much strenuous yard, garden or barn work, trying to wisely follow doctors' orders and fully recover from back surgery. This spring, I'm doing more again. While I'm still being careful, eighteen months of doing less has left me very out of shape, and few pounds heavier. Ugh. Hopefully I'll get used to this new activity level quickly!
5. We've been feeding more dry hay to the cows lately, because we're almost out of balage. Can you believe that the cows seem to have forgotten how to eat it?! They toss their heads around trying to tear off small pieces, and the light weight cakes go flying out of their mangers and onto the floor! Silly cows! They'll get used to it again I'm sure.
I'm linking up today with Teresa for Friday's Hunt, and with Nancy for Random Five Friday. Click on the links to check out more blog entries.