Thursday, October 2, 2014

Good Fences #28...and Hello October...


Hello October!

I'm so ready to have September put behind me, and ready to welcome October...a new month with new possibilities, and beautiful fall weather!

This morning at 7 am, I was walking in to the house for something, and saw the sun...just a yellow ball in the hazy sky above the neighbor's corn field.  I ran for my camera, and in the time it took me to get back outside, the clouds had already begun to cover over it.  It's still pretty, though.

In the foreground is my Good Fences link, although it looks more like a broken fence...


I guess we'd better fix that.

I was so happy the other day.  I was actually caught up enough on "necessary" things that I was able to do a little fall decorating.  It's nothing overly special...but my Amish neighbor kids were so happy when I stopped to buy some Indian corn from their roadside stand!  It's so fun to give them some business...they were jumping up and down as cars would go by, waving at them and trying to get them to stop and buy something.  So cute!



I hope you're having a wonderful beginning to October!

17 comments:

  1. i like your early morning view!! and how sweet those kids must have been - and happy you bought from them. :) glad you're feeling better and are getting more caught up, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your view is so beautiful!!! So is your autumn decoration. October is my very favorite month of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia,
    Pumpkins, gourds, Indian corn, sunflowers all fun autumn decor. I like the old milk can too. I need one for my yard to deck.

    Vast openness is something we do have on the prairie. We can see for miles and miles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo of the sun...so fallish. :)
    I wonder...is there any chance that I could "borrow" that photo header and have it enlarged to hang on my wall ? It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your feeling better and are getting caught up enough for Fall decorating. I'm not there yet but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    I love your fall decorations and I would like to buy from such grateful kids too. It would be worth it just to see them jumping for joy.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Indian Corn. I also love buying from the Amish at the local Farmers Market. Their bakery is outstanding. The view over the water is beautiful. Looks like the Bay of Green Bay and reminds me of some pictures I've taken on the way too and from Door County. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty scene with your fence and the sun. I like it very much. Cute fall decor you've got going on and how nice to help out the Amish kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want amish neighbor kids! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I love that view...I hope people click on it to expand the view.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved indain corn. I grew some one year and still use it as decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is amazing how quickly the earth changes in a matter of mere moments. The decorating looks great! Nice to meet you...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy October Alica I am so happy you are feeling better. I love the decorations:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad it is so beautiful and so fallish at your house. That Indian corn is wonderful. I would have stopped too. It is lovely. I am glad you are feeling better.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your post, lovely snaps and story. Moody top shot.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!