1. It's been a drenching day, to say the least. In the last 24 hours, we've had over 7 1/2" of rain! The roads are treacherous in places, and the creeks are overflowing their banks. The pond at the other farm, which was almost completely dry yesterday, is full again...
2. With this weather, the cows have been staying inside the barn all day and all night. They will be thrilled when they can go out again, and I don't blame them!
3. I finally took the air conditioner out of our bedroom window yesterday. It's nice to have the windows open and throw on a couple of blankets at night. I hope now, once this front that has stalled over top of us moves through, that we'll be having typical fall weather, instead of the hot temps that we were having.
4. Our neighbors left a huge glass pumpkin, full of M & M's on our kitchen table on Sunday...and I'm embarrassed to say that it's already about half empty!
5. The kids are looking forward to a couple of days off from school next week. These will be the first days since before school started, that they will be able to sleep in. They've either had to be up early for school on the weekdays, up for early morning cross country practice on Saturday mornings, or up to help us on Sundays.
Here's hoping for some sunshine this weekend!