Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Naming of A Cow...

If you've been reading for a while, you already know that in order for one of our cows to have a name, it must be earned.  Until we see the distinct personalities of each cow, the numbered ID tag has to do!

Watch this short video to see if you can determine what this cow's name might be...



Every time she sees the feed cart coming, she tosses her head around and snarls.  Eric was feeding balage tonight during milking, and she was being rather impatient...you'd think she was starving!  In eighteen years of farming, she's the only cow we've ever heard do this!  At the very end of the video, you can hear Jim saying "that was a good snarl".

I know, I know...it's such an original name...but she's earned it... 

"Snarly."



9 comments:

  1. That a funny cow. I'd call her Snarly. I have a calf that swings her head up in the air and whips her head around. I've never seen that behavior in any of my calves yet. She was moved with the bigger calves after weaning and she still does it.

    Never a dull moment on the farm. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. I have a couple of goats that bark and growl to keep others away from their food pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry's horse gets impatient for his food too, he tosses his head and paws the ground and makes "squealy" noises! LOL!!
    Snarly is a good name for your cow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the same creatures are different. Snarly is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats sooo funny! thanks for sharing..thanks for stopping by to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a cow do that! What a hoot! She looks like she is trying to yodel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. never heard a cow make that noise before. I was going with Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first time at your blog. I grew up on a 300 plus acre farm and now live in the city. I am sure I will continue to enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!