Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow...

This is what greeted us when the sun rose this morning...


Somehow, everything looks better when covered in several inches of fresh snow!  That's the same path that you saw Belle walking on several posts ago...but it was muddy then!

This little bit of snow was enough to make travelling a bit treacherous this morning.  The kids had a two hour delay, so we actually had time for a hot breakfast before school!  It was nice that we found out about the delay last night already...they could just shut off their alarms and sleep in a bit. 

The chickens were not impressed with the snow, however...




They're funny birds...they will go outside in rain, wind and the heat of the summer, but snow?  No way!  But...that chicken on the far left in the doorway... I saw her eating some!

I must admit...much as I am a "fair weather' fan...the snow is beautiful!  Winter just wouldn't be complete without a little bit of the white stuff! 

5 comments:

  1. That is certainly a beautiful sight to wake up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we would have some snow! You are right, it is always so pretty when there is snow. We thought we were going to get some, and then it barely flaked, and then freezing rain, just a little, then warmed up to 50 degrees today! Rain forecasted for the rest of the week. I guess I'll just have to enjoy your snow. :) Keep bundled up when you go out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love seeing the snow when there aren't any tracks in it yet!

    CRQ - Wish I could sent some snow your way in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the first picture... the path looks so inviting in the snow, and the little bit of pink in the sky adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alica! Thanks for stopping by my blog (I'm assuming you found me from Eden Hills!) You have a wonderful place/life here! I grew up in Wisconsin around lots of holsteins and dairy farmers so this looks so wonderful to me! :)

    Continued blessings are wished to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!