Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Creativity in the snow...

It's been made crystal clear today that winter is definitely not over in our corner of the world! 

We woke to steadily falling snow ...but alas the school busses were already full of secondary students before the school district realized how slick it was out there!  Our district already had an early dismissal planned for today, so the school day went on as planned.  By the time the kids were dismissed, there was a window of "clear weather" and roads were passable...God's gift to bus drivers and concerned parents alike!

When our kids got home, we "encouraged"them to go out and enjoy themselves...and this is what they came up with...



Hmmm...a snowman?  What's so special about a snowman?  They made this snowman out back behind our elderly neighbor's house...right where he could see them working...and he can enjoy the finished product for days to come! 

Even the most common things are made more enjoyable when they make someone smile!

4 comments:

  1. All these pictures of snow make me miss the snow...a little. :)
    That was so nice of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet kids you have! And they have one less snow makeup day in June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin'Life - I wish I could send you some snow!

    Teresa - Thanks...they can be so sweet sometimes! :) And they're crossing their fingers for tomorrow...it's snowing and howling out there tonight...and school's already delayed 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, it's Bonnie from What About Pie. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'm so glad you did because it lead me to your blog! It looks like you've got a lot of interesting posts. I can't wait to look around! I love the name of your blog and the photo on your header!
    I love that your kids made a snowman where your elderly neighbor can see it...that is so thoughtful and sweet! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!