Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cock-a-doodle-doo...

Our hens finally have a rooster!

He's beautiful... 

He likes to sit on the fence, looking out for his ladies...

He's quiet...

He doesn't eat much...

He never chases anyone...

He's the nicest rooster I've ever met...




You see...he's made of copper!

When I was a girl, we had a banty rooster.  A nasty banty rooster!  He would chase us, and jump onto our heads, flogging us with his wings and his spurs!  There are lots of stories of this rooster and his eventual demise!

So...no live roosters for us! 

Our 89 year old neighbor made this rooster out of copper, and we placed him on his perch just this afternoon.  He can proudly look after his harem, and we can safely gather eggs!

Cock-a-doodle-doo!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I like him MUCH better than the real one we had! Oh, the memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the kind of rooster to have! I have one that I had to kick out of the chicken coop. After ten months, he's still doing well free ranging it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one too! Our Amish neighbor "threatened" to put a real rooster in with our chickens! I told him that if he did, he'd find it crowing outside his bedroom window the next morning! :) I still woudn't put it past him...he's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!