Monday, February 7, 2011

Perfect Timing...

Sometimes it's all about timing...


The other day I ran an errand to the other farm, where we keep our dry cows and heifers.  When I was finished with what I was doing,and was about to leave, I felt like I should just stick my head in the barn to check things out.  

 This is what I found...well...kind of...



Rosie, who wasn't due for another ten days, had just had her calf...only the calf's head was twisted backwards and underneath it's body.  Rosie stood there looking at me, mooing, knowing that her calf was in trouble. 

 I was able to quickly get the calf's head untwisted so that she could breathe, and she vigorously shook her head, as if she was saying "Pshew...I'm glad THAT's over!"  Rosie took over from there...

It was through no planning on my part...I was just in the right place at the right time to help out the newest member of the herd.  Thank you God, for perfect timing!


2 comments:

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!