Thursday, February 24, 2011

FREEDOM!

This is where I have spent many of my hours these past few weeks…in front of the computer.  It’s that time of year…


But as you can see, the computer is idle, and the stack of papers at the left is clipped together in a somewhat orderly fashion, and all of the files have been saved to a disc.
I’m FINISHED!  DONE!  FREE! 
 As farmers, we don’t need to estimate our taxes, or send any money to Uncle Sam periodically throughout the year, as long as we file our taxes by March 1.
It’s now February 23rd…and I am a procrastinator.  I also strongly dislike paper work.  I would rather be up to my  ankles in pazutski than do paperwork!  (well, almost)  Every year it goes this way...I let it go to the last minute, and feel guilty when I do something "fun".  I'ts one of those necessary evils.
I finished the book work last night, double checked it this morning, and dropped it off at the accountant’s at noon today.  Now all we have to do is wait for the damages.
I now have FREEDOM to read a book, dream of my garden, go out for coffee with a friend, or blog without feeling guilty! 

Hmmm...and I guess that also means no more excuses to get out of helping with the morning work in the barn!  :)

5 comments:

  1. I just had that fun appointment tonight. Hope your taxes work out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting that chore done! I still have to do mine, maybe this weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alica: Congratulations I beat you by one week the accountant has ours. Now the waiting. I really don't like paper work either. I would rather be where you like to be haha. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting done! I'm with you... I shudder at paperwork. Yuck. Now go enjoy a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny -- I was working on ours yesterday. I still have some number crunching to do before I make "the appointment." Wishing us all good fortune this tax year! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!