When we milk, we have two buckets that follow us around the cow stable. One has steaming hot water in it, and the other holds our biodegradable paper towels, a cow thermometer, a scissors, extra milk tubes, etc. We also each use a sprayer filled with an iodine spray, used to spray the cows' teats after we take off the milkers.
The way we used to do it...carry the buckets over from the milk house...bend over each time we wet a paper towel...pick up the buckets and move them ten feet...repeat over and over until we're finished milking. Believe it or not, seemingly innocently bending over like that, time after time, day after day, year after year is hard on your back. (Imagine bending something over and over in the same direction. Eventually it weakens and can break) So...a simple solution was to put those buckets on a wagon, getting them up off the ground.
The wagon we had been using rusted out, so I found a replacement online. It was delivered yesterday, and this was my project for this afternoon...
I enjoy projects like this...
It took about 30-45 minutes, and it's all finished and ready to go!
The wagon came with removable sides, but the jury is still out on whether or not we use them. I put them on for tonight, and we'll see how it goes. You know...I had to take pictures of this, because it's the absolute cleanest that this wagon will ever be!
More likely than not, it'll be splattered with pazutski inside of five minutes!