|James...my new favorite kitty...trying to stay cool!|
1. This week it's been hotter...and more humid than I remember in a long time. (My memory might be short, because it was probably this hot last summer too!) Today I checked the thermometer mid afternoon, and it read 104 degrees.
2. I mowed for 5 1/2 hours today, and then did the weed eating. I was so thankful for the cool shower afterwards...number two for the day...and number three soon to come!
3. The cows are starting to be affected by the heat. They hung in there for a while...but with a week of continual temps in the high 90's and higher...and this high humidity (53% right now)...they have dropped in milk.
4. Jenna and I had the privilege of going to the beach for two days this week with some friends... to Cape Henlopen State Park, in Delaware. Although the temperatures were just as high there, there was a wonderful ocean breeze that felt so good! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves...and our time away...except for the jellyfish that kept us out out the water most of the time!
5. Jim baled a lot of hay this week...third cutting is almost finished! There's one more field to mow and bale, hopefully next week. We're expecting a break in the weather this weekend, so maybe it will be more comfortable working next week. It's been great to get so much dry hay stacked in the mow!
I'm linking up today again with Nancy, for Random Five Friday.