Monday, September 27, 2010

Rain!

Ok, so you ask, "What's the big deal about a puddle?  Or a rain gauge for that matter?!"










If you live in Lancaster County, you already know...

Last night as I sat at the computer beside an open window, I heard the most wonderful sound...I heard rain falling outside!  Oh what music to my ears!  I was really hoping that it would still be raining in the morning, and it was.  It's now just after 3 pm and it's raining still!

This is the first significant rainfall we've had in quite some time.  The brief thunderstorm we had last week doesn't count.  That just settled the dust.  This is an official rainy day...it's dark and dreary outside, and the rain just keeps on falling.  Even the dogs went into hiding!  It's been a great day for both Jim and I to take a little bit of a break...when the sun is shining it's hard to justify taking "time off" during the week.

Hopefully this rain will help to make up the deficit we have ...and hopefully it will replenish the well at the "other farm" where we keep our dry cows and heifers.  They've been out of water over there off and on for several days now.  A stock tank filled by a water tanker will provide water for the heifers for now, hopefully conserving the rest of the water for use in the house!

It is so easy to take things like having plenty of water for granted...so I'll take this opportunity to say, "Thank you God for the rain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!