Thursday, September 30, 2010

From drought to deluge...

Oh. My. Goodness!

When it rains, it pours.  Literally!

Wasn't it just a few days ago that we so desperately needed rain?  We had a nice 1.7", and were so grateful.  Now today, we're beginning to wonder if we'll ever see the sun again!

Almost 5" of rain and four changes of clothes later, it's STILL raining.  And blowing.  And raining some more. 

Just about an hour or so ago, I decided to take my camera for a walk.  The rain had slowed to a slow drizzle, and I walked outside, looking for the perfect picture to capture the day.  I was out behind the barn when the heavens let loose again.  I ran for the house...or tried to anyway.  The big barn doors were blowing wildly in the wind, and I was bombarded with pieces of hay in my eyes.  Several large branches blew down in the yard, and the rain was literally blowing sideways.  Jim ran out and we closed the barn doors, propping them shut with the pickup.  Schools even dismissed early due to the weather...I don't ever remember that happening before, other than for snow of course.

I am now temporarily clean and dry, and looking forward to seeing the sun, hopefully tomorrow.

And...I never did get that perfect picture, so I guess you'll just have to use your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!