I'm having fun with the Random Five Friday posts...
Some days or weeks, especially right now, it's hard to find the time to sit down and write a complete post about one event, so putting several things together all in one post is just right!
Life's been pretty busy around here the past few weeks, as I'm sure it is for most of you. This beautiful spring weather has made everyone here...including the cows...happy. They're spending most of the day outside grazing, and are much more content. We've had wonderful temps, and low humidity (yay!) and just enough rain to (hopefully) pop the corn up quickly, and to make the grass grow like crazy!
1. I don't like thunderstorms. Never did. Probably never will.
Here's what the sky looked like just after milking time tonight...
It just started raining a few minutes ago, and I saw a little lightning, and just heard some thunder, but I don't think it will be too bad.
2. We've been mowing the yard twice per week of late. We put some "Weed and Feed" on it a couple of weeks ago, and does that stuff ever work! If I hadn't mowed today, I think Jim might have had to use the haybine, it was that thick!
3. Both kids are finishing up their track and field seasons this week. They both run distance, and each got a new PR (personal record) in the 1600m this spring. Eric ran a 4:49.9, and Jenna a 5:59. We're proud of their accomplishments!
4. I'm soon finished with my mulching for the spring, and it feels so good! A few weeks ago, when I looked at the weeds that continued to grow all winter long in the mild temps and damp winter we had, I thought I would never get to this point! This is my favorite spring perennial bed. It's not yet in full bloom, but it's getting there...
5. Jim started mowing first cutting of alfalfa hay already this evening! He just called to have someone come pick him up, as it's now dark and the storm is rolling in.
I hope you enjoy your weekend!