It's been a strange week. Like spring usually is, it's been busy.
We've had strange weather...a couple of hot, humid, typical Pennsylvania late spring weather days, and now it's cold and rainy! The insulated coveralls have been washed...again...and put away until next winter, but they almost got pulled out again this afternoon! We don't know how to dress...but we don't mind putting off the hot stuff for another week or so!
1. Chilly weather aside, look what I found in my garden this morning...
This is the first time picking my new patch. Oh my, are they tasty!
2. I've recently been reading a book...the Animal Vegetable Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver. Hopefully I'll finish it soon...but every time I pick it up, I fall asleep. Not the book's fault...it's very interesting! Maybe it's a sign that I'm getting old!
3. I spent some time this afternoon at Goodwill...digging through the clothing bins for barn shirts for .85 each. If they get stained the first time they're worn...and they will...it's no great loss! While waiting in line for what felt like forever...I got to talking to the people around me. They were buying things to resell on eBay! I had no idea, but they said they make a lot of money doing this.
4. Here are last year's raspberries. I had to protect them from the dogs digging them out...
...and here they are this year. I think they're happier now... and this is after I thinned them! They have gone wild...and are already loaded with blossoms...
5. There are only seven days of school left! But who's counting?
Linking up today with Random 5 Friday