Friday, February 6, 2015

A Chilly Morning...

We've been having roller coaster weather here this week. Just a few days ago it was around forty degrees, and then yesterday the winds blew in, along with temps falling into the low twenties.  That wind sure makes it feel colder than it is!

This morning it was around 10 degrees, but with no wind.  It makes a huge difference, but it's still downright cold.

We're back to filling water tubs for the heifers.  That's one of the jobs that I can easily do, and Jolyn has found a comfortable place to hang out while I'm holding the hose...


It's also a nice way to help me keep warm!

7 comments:

  1. We've had this type of yoyo weather here too. Some mornings everything was frozen in my end of the barn and it took me an hour to thaw the pipes with a hair dryer. I've had my foot in a bucket of hot water several times. The last several days it hasn't been as cold but it's going to be real cold again. I'm glad the new born heifer was born when the weather was milder.

    I'm also glad that you can start to help with holding the water hose. Farming in winter is hard enough but when it's colder than usual, it very challenging.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very sweet!!! :)

    we've been up/down a lot, too. freezing yesterday and the day before. this weekend heading into 70s and 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrr! Wind makes cold weather twice as bad. Hope things warm up for you soon. Cats always know where to find the best comfortable place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that picture. Cats always know where to go to keep warm. :) I hope it warms up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww I love your kitty. She is so pretty, and it's easy to see you like cats too. Sorry I've been missing. I did finally do a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cat. Pretty friendly for a barn cat. It is actually warm here! Hopefully your cold weather won't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are having an up and down here, too... 65 yesterday, 42 today... and dipping on Wednesday and Saturday this week into regular February weather... twenties. UGH. I wish it would make up it's mind!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!