Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter...

What a beautiful Easter day today!  He is Risen!

We crawled out of bed extra early so that we could finish all the barn work and get to Church early for a special Easter breakfast.  We were served crepes...bacon, egg and cheese crepes...and (my favorite) Nutella and strawberry crepes.  Mmmmmmmmm   good!  It was definitely worth it!

Last week we had my family's Easter dinner, and next week will be Jim's family dinner, so we had today free!  We packed a light picnic lunch and met up with (part of) my family for an afternoon of hiking at Shenks Ferry Wildflower Preserve, in what we call the River Hills.  It's actually quite close to the farm where my Dad grew up...


My Mom and Jenna...


 My Dad, Eric and my nephew Drew...


The hillsides were covered with wild flowers, including these Virginia Bluebells...


This little guy added some excitement!  I touched it...but not without a bit of fear and trembling...


This arch was neat...it's several hundred feet long, running underneath an old railroad bed.  Can you see the brick lining the top part of the arch?  The guys were going to see if they could get the whole way through without getting their feet wet, but didn't get too far...


Of course there were lots of opportunities for family pictures...(insert groans by certain family members who shall remain anonymous)...


I love this picture of my parents!  They are 79 and 83...and still going strong...


The weather was perfect and the company was great!  The only thing that would have made this better would be if my two oldest sisters and their families could have also been here! 

14 comments:

  1. How lovely !!! Your Mom and Dad look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that photo of your parents! It sounds like a grand day. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has risen indeed!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was a wonderful day. I love that last shot of your parents. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful family day, and bless your parents for still being able to enjoy the walk with their loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice way to spend your Easter Sunday with family.
    Happy Easter from our farm to yours.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a really nice day. Glad you could all take a day off and enjoy the time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place to spend some family time! Kudos to your parents for still being active and participating! You should frame that last picture for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the feeling. I have 2 sisters too, one in CO and the other in MO. Miss them all the time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great way to spend the day! it looked like it was a beautiful day to be out and about..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad your Easter was a good one : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Alica,

    I mentioned you today in my blog post. Check it out and you'll see why.... http://windowontheprairie.com/2012/04/13/out-in-the-pasture/

    Have a great day,

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alica!
    Thank for commenting on my blog! It will be interesting to read your blog and compare notes on living on a farm! God bless you!
    The farmer's wife

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love your family photos. Your parents photo is the special one I love it.
    It was a fine day I was on a train so I missed my family.
    Lovely post Alica. B

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!