Here is a smattering of what has been happening here this week...
1. I hate bats. I really, really hate bats. Yesterday morning when I came in from the barn, Eric had left a note taped to the window, pointing out a bat that he had trapped between the screen and the glass. First one of the summer, inside the house. Did I mention that I hate bats?!
But...I was nice to it, although it took everything in me.
2. We have two adorable kitties right now, that are spoiled rotten. This one, Lulu, has a really persistent meow, and she's taken to climbing up either my mop or the rain spout, and hanging on the screen, begging to be left inside...
Did I mention that she's spoiled rotten?!
3. We caught three ground hogs beside the soy bean field. Yesterday, the end of the field was replanted...the critters ate almost half an acre!!
4. Jim's been thinking ahead...we have at least three more hay cuttings to go, and we need more room for round bales, so he started stacking a few of them. We've been seeing quite a lot of this...
5. A garden update...I've been picking green beans, a few cucumbers, zucchini, digging some new potatoes, pulling red beets, and a second planting of radishes is doing well. The weeds are growing... "like weeds!"... as we've had several inches of rain in the past week, and the heat and humidity are rising.
Linking up with Random Five Friday