Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Feast...

Oh my...I don't think I need to eat for a while, after this week and all the feasting that took place!

On Thursday, we spent the day with Jim's family.  Our brother in law cooked a tasty, moist turkey breast, and of course we had all the fixings to go along with it.  We had leftovers for supper, and then spent the next couple of days doing yard work to get rid of all those delightful calories!

Today we had our second Thanksgiving feast, this time with my side of the family.  My sister and I always take our cameras and get a little bit carried away, and this year was no different!

Here's the gang getting ready to eat.  (this is only half of our family...two of my sisters live out of state and weren't able to be here)   We made the taste buds wait just  a few more minutes while we snapped away...




I told you we ate well...
 


The cook...
 

The guys, making fun of their mothers with the cameras.  They're trying to get the "perfect" photo of the butter dish...
 

After lunch, the guys retired to the basement to sleep watch some football...
 

After a while they ventured outside.  Creatively shooting some hoops...
 

Sighting up the guns for hunting season...
 


And then they played some football  (You'll just have to take my word for it) ...while Grandma and the girls made candles...
 


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!  I am so thankful that we have families that enjoy being together.  The kids are so happy to be with their cousins on both sides of the family...they just wish their out of state cousins lived closer!

The cows have been milked and tucked in for the night, so now I guess we'll settle in for the evening in our warm house with our contentedly full bellies to watch some more football and try to come up with some creative ways to burn all those extra calories the next couple of days!

Hope your Thanksgiving was a happy one!

11 comments:

  1. What a great family event! I love the candle making. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pictures so glad you took some. It looks like a very nice weekend.
    Yes, I am ready to not eat for awhile. I still have pies left.
    So much food.
    I like the candles they turned out really nice.
    I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to spend Thanksgiving. I didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with my family this year, but your post made me smile and brought some great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Alica I am so sorry I did not make it. The food looks delicious and your family looks so happy and loving. I really would have liked that.
    Your family really knows how to do Thanksgiving right.
    I am sure you will have no problem finding ways to lose that little bit of turkey weight. Take care my friend and thank you for the invitation, maybe next year. You are truly blessed. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful memory making time you all had!
    The candle making looks fun! What a great grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Thanksgiving just the perfect holiday!

    I only hope Black Friday doesn't overrun it and take away people from their families to prepare for the insanity of materialism.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures! It looks like a good time was had by all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looked like a great day!
    And those candles look amazing!

    A big hug from Indiana
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are those lima beans from your Mom's garden....I dying here ,they are the best. I have never liked lima beans but your Mom's to" die for".
    Glad everyone was able to spend Thanksgiving together. Great memories.
    Happy Holiday Season to all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, Eileen...they are definitely from Mom's garden, and I agree, they ARE the best! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!