Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nutella Brownie Cups...

I've been in a bit of a funk this week...nothing has jumped out and said "you've gotta blog about this!"   We've been busy with things that wouldn't really be exciting to write...or read about...

So...maybe it's time to share a recipe!

Anything chocolate...or even remotely related to chocolate...catches my attention.  So when I saw this recipe from a friend on Facebook this week, I had to try it! 

NUTELLA BROWNIE CUPS                    

1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 large egg
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)

Instructions:
Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
Bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees. 
  I chose to make these without the chopped Hazelnuts, as my family doesn't care for chunks of nuts IN things, and they were delicious without them!
We learned to love Nutella after a trip I took to Germany in 2006 to visit my sister and brother-in-law, who were living in Heidelberg for a year.  I brought several jars back home with me, and they disappeared rather quickly!   I was happy to discover that it's very easy to find locally. We don't buy it often, but when we do, we sure enjoy it!
Finding new recipes that use things we love is great fun...thanks Julie!
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I must say, I've never tried Nutella. I wouldn't even have a clue what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The winter really can be challenging finding things to blog about. Seems like all we do is bask and eat, and the human hardly ever brings us treats in the winter. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great simple recipe, thanks for sharing!!
    By the way, you would be surprised at how interesting your "everyday" chores are to people who don't live on a farm! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? You are putting Nutella in something? I don't think I've even gotten far enough to put it ON something. I eat it straight from the jar. I take that back, I made banana pancakes once and put it on them. The recipe sounds great, but I know if I bought Nutella, it would never get that far. Thanks for the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I am going to have to try these!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alica now this looks delicious. I won't by Nutella as I like it on a spoon enough said:). B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read Birds and Bees comment yup kindred spirits:) B

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried Nutella-but Granny uses it. I may have to borrow her jar : )

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!