Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Grapes, Grapes and More Grapes...

The grapes are ready!  I guess they really liked all the rain we've had this summer, because the vines are that heavy that they've fallen off the top wire, and have begun pulling one of the posts over!



This bucket full is from a section only about three feet wide...


Yesterday's outcome, from one bucket full...two batches of white grape jelly.  I never tried it before, but just followed the directions for Concord grape jelly in the pectin box.  We had some on English muffins for breakfast, and it got a thumbs up!  (that's salsa in the jars behind the jelly.  The tomatoes are just as happy as the grapes!)


If you need me today...or for the rest of the week...I'll be standing at the kitchen sink!

6 comments:

  1. That is a very nice bunch of grapes. Your grape jam looks so nice. I bet it is really yummy. Have a nice day, don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those grapes, and grape jelly... brilliant!
    Brings to mind the grapevines that my dad maintained. How we loved to have 'fresh' grape juice in the middle of the frozen winter!!
    I wonder if anyone messes with canning grape juice anymore, or if they've ever seen a canner/steamer?!
    Nothing beats the flavor of homemade salsa!
    You've done a great job with the canning.

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those grapes look delicious. One of my grandmothers canned produce, but my mom did not, so I didn't grow up doing it. I am sure I could have learned, but I would need to like gardening a little better than I do, I suppose. :-) I am sure all your canning will provide a wonderful taste of summer during the winter months! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful grapes!! That's something I would really like to grow. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have been a perfect year for grapes! I would love to try that jelly. I have a five gallon bucket of concord grapes to work with. I believe wine and jelly are in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the thing about fall...its busy with harvest!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!