Monday, January 22, 2018

The Mid-January Thaw...

We're in the midst of a mid-January thaw here...

Temps this month have ranged from -2 to near 60 degrees, and I must say, I'm enjoying the spring-like temps we've had the past few days!  In fact, Saturday was such a nice day that Jim and I washed the barn windows...


Don't blink or you'll miss them.  When the next delivery of toasted corn comes...and is blown through that pipe alongside the barn, they will be dust covered instantly!

On another note...did you watch the NFC championship game last night?

(not my picture!)

There are a lot of happy Philadelphia Eagles fans!

8 comments:

  1. I have seen many an Amish buggy in my time, but never one with a sports flag on the back. Love it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. NW Kansas got a blizzard yesterday, but we just got the cold and the wind. Today, the temperature is on its way up, where it will stay the rest of the week, it appears. That's good calving weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if you are cold again. We sure are cold here.
    I love your clean windows. Its nice to see your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sunset reflected in the windows. I don't remember ever cleaning our barn windows. Congratulations on the Eagles game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to clean the barn windows but it's been a while since I've done that. I never seem to have enough time in a day.

    We had some real brutal cold spell in January and we had two January thaws so far. I'll be glad when Spring arrives. We've had more than our share of extreme cold and frozen water pipes at the barn.

    I never saw a sport flag hanging from an Amish buggy either.

    January is almost gone and when I think about it, even though it was a tough month, it's going away fast. Spring will soon be here.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sunset in your barn windows!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An Amish buggy advertising a sport's team? Odd! So glad the Eagles are going to Super Bowel, tired of seeing New England in the game.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!