Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Good Winter's Night Supper...

What do you do when you remember at 4:00 pm that it's not a food co-op night, and your family is going to be hungry for supper before you know it?

You go to the freezer and pull out a package of frozen Italian sausage from Costco...throw the links in the microwave for a few minutes to thaw...cut them into 1 1/2" pieces...cook them on the stove top in just a little bit of water for a few minutes...

Wash and cut up a couple of (unpeeled because it's easier and they taste much better that way!) potatoes into bite sized pieces...

Wash, trim and cut a package of brussels sprouts in half...

Toss everything together in a baking dish...drizzle with olive oil and seasonings of choice...


Set your oven timer for an hour at 375 degrees...

Come in from the barn to a delicious smelling and delicious tasting quick and easy supper!

(If you've never had roasted brussels sprouts, you simply have to try them! They are that good!!  Thanks to my sister Marge and her husband Hermann for introducing us to them!)

9 comments:

  1. That is the only way I prepare brussel sprouts. They are so delicious that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had roasted brussel sprouts at my son in law and I agree, it was delicious.
    Thanks for the recipe Alica. I'll give it a try.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roasted Brussels sprouts, but still can't get the family to even try them! oh well.... more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy that sounds delicious. A great and easy recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked GREAT! Sometimes last minute suppers are the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Realizing supper is 2 hours away & I haven't even gotten meat out to thaw?
    Yeah. That's an almost daily happening here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks wonderful and I could eat brussel sprouts even raw. Roasted with everything on a cold day would be so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sausage and Brussels sprouts are two of my favorites. I'm not a huge potato fan, but I do like them roasted.

    Way to think on your feet!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!