Here it is already...only five days before Christmas. How did that happen?
How about some random thoughts from our week...
1. This year...for the first time in twenty years, we didn't do Christmas cards. This is as close as we got...a picture on the porch a few days ago after the Amish School Christmas Party, but we're missing a couple of important family members, so I guess we just won't send any. Somehow I just don't like that, but there's only so much we can do...
2. I was invited to two cookie swaps in the past couple of weeks, and I'm wondering where all the cookies went?!
3. I began some gift baking today. The house smells really good with fresh from the oven Cranberry Nut Bread, and there's some Buckeye Bark cooling in the fridge. No calories included. I found these fun little bread bakers at a craft store for $1.00 each, and I think they'll make nice gifts!
Here's the recipe...
Cranberry Nut Bread
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Sift together in bowl and mix thoroughly
1 egg, well beaten
3/4 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp grated orange rind
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Combine, then stir into flour mixture just until moistened
1 cup chopped cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake at 350 * for 45- 50 minutes
4. It's been a regular maternity ward around here this past week. We've had six cows/heifers freshen in the past ten days, with two more expected any day.
5. The weather is no longer frightful. We went from snow on the ground and temps in the teens over nights, to several days above freezing, with possible record highs this weekend, and rain. Sounds like our Christmas might be more muddy than white.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Linking to Random Five Friday