Thursday, August 26, 2010

Days Like Yesterday...

I love days like yesterday!


I don’t really have a good reason, but yesterday was a day where I felt like I could conquer the world, and I got a lot accomplished!

It started out no different than any other day; I crawled out of bed before I was ready, and headed out to the barn with a steaming mug of coffee. By the time the cows were tied in their stalls, the coffee was lukewarm, but it didn’t really matter… It tasted good anyway!

Jim and I milked together until we were about half finished; then he left to do the feeding while I finished milking the last two rows of cows. After milking, it was on to feed the calves and chickens. One of the chickens was out exploring, so I picked her up and tossed her over the fence where she belonged! She must not mind, because she does it repeatedly!

Breakfast was next on the agenda; I don’t usually have time to make the family a hot breakfast, but one of the kids had a friend overnight, so this morning they got pancakes with fresh peach syrup. (the syrup didn’t turn out so good, but oh well!)

Then it was on to an appointment … then lunch, making pizza sauce, selling a puppy, being “Mom’s taxi”, meeting new school teachers, canning peaches, visiting a neighbor and back to the barn for evening milking.

I wish I understood why some days turn out this way…kids enjoying each other and lots getting accomplished! Even the weather was delightful!

Today has already begun in a quite different fashion, but it’s early yet!  For now I'll just relish the joys of yesterday, and work on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!