Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Life After Cows...Part Five...

Well.  It must be Wednesday, my day off, because I'm finally sitting down at the computer to do another post about our trip!

Work has been good.  Busy, but good.  It's been a pretty big learning curve for me, and after working at home for 25 years, an adjustment.  It's not difficult work, but time management is probably the biggest thing right now.  I think I'm finally "over the hump", and if I can just keep caught up, it should only get easier.

Back to our trip...

After a hearty breakfast, we left my Aunt Alice's house on Sunday morning and headed south on Route 25 towards Colorado Springs.  The weather looked more promising that morning, and we could see the beautiful foothills as we headed towards Garden of the Gods, our destination for the day.  About half way between Denver and Colorado Springs, we saw this big rock to the east, just off the highway.

Castle Rock...



We had no tight schedule to follow, so we took the opportunity to stop and take a look.  We found a trail to the top, and enjoyed the hike and the view...
\

We found this little painted stone along the pathway, and left it for the next person to find...






That felt good!  This is the kind of thing we had hoped to be able to do....see things along the way, and be able to stop and enjoy them with no real set schedule!

On to Garden of the Gods.

I was here once before, when I was about ten years old.  I still can't believe how rude (maybe that's a strong word, but still...) I was when I said to my Mom after being there for just a short time..."what's the big deal?  It's just a bunch of rocks!"  How things change as we get older and appreciate the creation that God has made, and how beautiful it is!

Sorry again, Mom!

The day became more overcast and a little bit cool as it went along, and we were a little disappointed to not see Pike's Peak, but it made for great walking weather!  We walked from one end of the park to the other, exploring, and couldn't get enough of looking at the beautiful scenery!  We definitely got our exercise today!

No descriptions necessary...












We headed back to our motel, which was just a few miles away, found a diner for supper, and called it a day.

On Monday morning when we woke up and headed out to pack up the car for our trip back east into Kansas, we saw beautiful blue sky!

Since we were literally only five minutes from Garden of the Gods, we drove back to the park, found a look out high above, and took a lot of pictures.  I won't bore you with them all, but here are a couple of my favorites...




It was so worth it!

We pointed our car eastward, and headed out.  Pikes Peak remained in our mirror for miles...



Next stop, Sharon Springs Ks

4 comments:

  1. Perspective is a fickle thing, isn't it? I was glad to read the next installment and look forward to the next when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. You are right when you say things change as we age. When we are young we have certain expectations and get disappointed when things doesn't meet our expectation. The gardens of the gods looks very interesting.
    Enjoy the time without the cows. Have a great summer.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Enjoy every minute~ but I don't have to say that, looks as though you fully know it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo beautiful! Wow. I love the photo of your husband holding up the mountain! Thanks for sharing. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!