Thursday, April 26, 2018

Signs of Spring...


It's my favorite time of year again!  The sights and smells of spring are a reminder of new life, and I never get tired of them.

I took my phone for a walk a couple of days ago to capture a few of my favorite things...


Old fashioned primroses 

I have always called them bluebells, and they grow wild around here

Old fashioned fern leaf peony, one of the first to bloom

Dark purple lilac buds

Jim took the backs off the hutches this week, and the calves are thrilled!

The rhubarb is growing in leaps and bounds

They never get old!

Windblown "regular" peonies

Buds on the maple tree

What signs of spring are you seeing?

8 comments:

  1. The flowers are lovely. I am so glad spring has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much,much better than here. Our snow is almost gone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, those early blooms sure makes it look like spring. Your spring is well advanced as compared to our spring. I only have a few blooming daffodils and some crocuses blooming. The grass is starting to green up. The river will reach flood level tomorrow because of the high temperatures, rain and snow melt up river.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a few steps ahead of us. It is always so exciting to see those buds, especially the lilacs! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, the snow is gone, and pussy willows in bud.
    That is all.
    You are way ahead of us - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring flowers are my favorites! I've just had another "batch" of tulips bloom. The ones at church were sure pretty yesterday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its all lovely Alica, So many wonderful things to look at. I am glad that spring is arriving there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bluebells are my favorite! I remember picking handfuls of them at my Grandma's farm (Arlene :) ). I always think of her when I see them! I love your blog Alica! I'm going to have to try to read it more often!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!