Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wait! I Thought It Was Spring!

Just when we were starting to feel a hint of spring in the chilly air, and when the earliest daffodils decided to bloom...


We have been reminded again that we are not in control!







We have around 6" so far, but thankfully it's not very cold...


My rooster is a little snow-laden...


The daily work must go on.  It doesn't feel quite right to desecrate the beauty of the snow like this, but the gutters need to be cleaned out and the manure has to be hauled out regardless...


Somebody loves the snow!  While the older dogs stay holed up in the warm barn, Phoebe goes exploring. The chickens hate walking in the snow, and when I checked for eggs, she was confused about why they weren't outside...


Now my morning chores are finished and I'm hoping to get the last of the prep work finished on the hallway before it's time to prime...maybe later today or tomorrow!! 

The warm radiators can do their part in drying the coveralls, hats and gloves...



...and we'll wait for the snow to stop...and melt.  Quickly.  The forecast is for temps in the 40's this weekend!

Spring is just around the corner!


11 comments:

  1. I hope that this is your last snowstorm. A good thing that it will melt quickly. I bet the chicken really want to be outside and I don't blame them. They must be tired of winter too.

    I'm still waiting for spring here too but no such luck with blooming daffodils. The ground is still covered with old and new snow but the sun is shining.

    I have several long pens that needs cleaning as I bed 27 large and small calves twice a day and we need a warm day so the barn wont get too cold to haul the wet bedding. The little pens I can do anytime but my shoulder is giving me lots of pain so I'll do them when I feel more energetic.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in central Kentucky, the views are much the same. Softball, for my daughter, was supposed to start on Monday! lol Not a game yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is like we actually switched locations. :) HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no snow for you that kind of sucks doesn't it ?! Some are still getting snow whilst other like us are having spring , strange how mother nature does that . The east coast of us here in southwestern Ontario Canada is getting slammed with snow again . Lovely photos . Hope spring runs old man winter out for you there soon for good .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your poor Daffs. I hope that snow doesn't stick around. That is a lot of snow. I am glad spring is here. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parts of Kansas had record highs today. We didn't have more than a dusting of snow all winter.

    Good luck on the painting project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a huge amount of snow...No snow here, but very cold. The apricots are finished, I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always put wet things on our radiators!! I even dry laundry there on purpose to avoid using the dryer and help with the dry winter air. What do people do who don't have radiators!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether
    thuis post is written by him as nobody else kjow such detailed about my problem.

    You are wonderful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today, while I was aat work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to
    see iff it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so sshe can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.

    I know this is completely off topic bbut I had to
    share it with someone!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!