Monday, November 12, 2012

Finishing Up...

I think I can safely say that we are now officially finished baling corn fodder for this year!   The good weather stuck around and cooperated quite nicely. The rain and snow that we were supposed to get last week never materialized...yay...and Jim baled all the fodder that he wanted.

I didn't keep track of how many wagon loads he baled, but it's somewhere right around a dozen.  The last four, he didn't unload, but just backed them into the barn at the other farm, full.  Since we don't need those wagons empty until next spring, why not?  It takes some maneuvering to get those wagons into place...it's a tight fit, and I sure couldn't do it, but he makes it looks pretty easy.

After school today, I drove the truck while Jim and Eric picked up the last few bales that didn't fit on the last wagon...




...and we got to see this as we were finishing up...


All around us today, neighbors were baling fodder, baling and wrapping hay and rye, trying to finish up all that they could before they ran out of daylight and nice weather.

As I write, the wind has picked up and the temps have begun to drop.  It's to begin raining over night tonight, and I think our mild weather will be history. I'm bummed about that...I'm a fair weather fan, and there are still flower beds to clean up, and lots and lots of leaves to rake.

I guess I'll have to pull out the coveralls and get to work!


Linking to Clever Chicks Blog Hop

10 comments:

  1. The baling and hauling is a task that I am sure you are glad is over. I know, I was ready to celebrate after the 300 th square bale was put away. Always something going on on the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are glad it is all finished and you had such nice weather for so long this year. Well sort of good weather.
    I just love seeing you get ready for winter. It reminds me of home. :) I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great feeling to have all that stuff done! Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah now that it is done you can relax well a little bit. Coveralls I hope they are lined ones I think winter is nipping at the bit around here at least it is surely cold and wet today. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeeyaa, you're all done harvesting. I'm still cleaning flower beds too. I'm not sure if it will get all done, at least I've tried.
    Have a great week Alica.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. was a beautiful day yesterday! went for a walk around the course with the girls after school...miss our times together. hope you and yours are well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful sunset!
    Glad you got all your fodder in for the winter! It's nice when all the harvest is in and you can relax a bit about winter time feeding! What a wonderful feeling that is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another winter prep chore marked off the list! What a bonus to get to enjoy that beautiful sunset too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could send you some apple cider. Sounds like you are getting ready for winter. I love the sunset photo! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous sunset! glad you all made it through sandy unscathed.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! Thanks for your comments!